5/20/08

First things First

I don't have a name for this game. Team Bondi and Rockstar are working and on a single-player game called L.A. Noir, which has nothing to do with this. That is a real game, this is wishful thinking. Despite how excited I am for the game to come out, I'm a little disappointed in the title...I mean, the term "noir" wasn't used then to describe itself, and since you're asking the player to immerse him/herself in the character of the time, it seems odd to misrepresent the era that way, but whatever.

The point is I need a name, and clearly it shouldn't have the word "noir" in it.

Ok, the history of the word begins in the 50's in France (hence the french word...yeah), with writers like Jean-Luc Godard and François Truffaut who weren't filmmakers yet, just brilliant journos. This is their description of an American Cult film that was NOT a genre. Odd, but true. Probably is now, I guess.

So the entire scene requires/is defined by an outside perspective. Interesting. Something we'll revisit.

No comments: