5/20/08

The Basics

Let me start off by saying that I know, realistically, a MMO based in the noir universe will probably never be made. There are too few people who participate in "study groups" interested in this era. This is just a guess, but accurate, I think.
That said, I don't give a crap. My hope is that anyone who reads this blog will think this could be a great idea as well. We'll see...

Southern California in the 30's and 40's was a story factory. Not only did a whole lot of crazy shit happen, but there were people paid to write about it, embellish it, and sell it. This was the first taste of candy to the baby... and Hollywood was the center of that universe.

Now, to get in the proper mood I suggest watching The Big Sleep. Very important.
Both versions: 1945 and 1946.
The '45 version for the extra scenes with the DA (not Bacall's caught-in-the-net face wrap), and the '46 version, to see the changes (including removal of the infamous fishnet face wrap). And you should watch The Maltese Falcon.

>> I will have a section dedicated to listing cool noir-ish stuff to keep you inspired as we go along.

I will try to relate my ideas in terms current MMOs use (i.e. talent tree, xp, etc). I may over explain things a bit, because of my own lack of knowledge, and the fact that most people I point to this site won't be lvl 70 warlocks with 4 billion hp.

So that's it for the first post. I'll be back with more posts that are actually about the game.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

This is a cool idea, and I'd play it!

djomg said...

hehe, you're sweet!