1/4/09

Looks Aren't Everything, But Still Awesome

Yeah, so I haven't posted anything here for months...
Ideas with me are like that. They hit hard, but often have -38 stamina.

My ideas are not tanks. They're basically a lazy dps class.

So X-mas is over, and we've entered '09, and of course you're asking yourself, "what does this mean for a Noir mmo that doesn't exist?"

Well, I'll tell ya.

I might be watching a few inspirational flicks ... or I might not. I resolve to use this space exactly as I have been (or not, as it were).

See, for me the Noir 'genre' is like an item drop that doesn't quite have the stats you want, but is so cool-looking and hair-matchingly color-coordinated that you don't want to get rid of it. So it sits in your bank forever, and every now and then you pull it out to do crafting/gathering/exploring achievements, etc.

I predict that in the next few months I'll feel compelled to watch "The Big Sleep" again, or "Detour" or maybe "D.O.A.", and I'll be back here en force, mind engaged, to document the well-spring of Noirish mmoness that will inevitably pour forth.

Until then, happy Noir Year!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

you've been missed in blogland. i agree, well, not about a "drop that stays in your bank" because i don't know what that is. some mmo term, right? but, to me, what you're saying is like that great piece of patterned paper that sits in my stash because it is too beautiful to use, and too beautiful to throw away. i get it. :)

looking forward to more from you in the noir year.

Ted Fisher said...

Just drove around Southern California a bit this holiday, and while doing so noticed how little has changed physically in the area just above Hollywood Blvd. Might be interesting to restrict your MMO to areas where -- despite a new coat of paint -- the landcape is essentially the same as it might have been in the 1940s....

tf